Members of Chambers
Ben joined chambers as a 2nd six pupil following a general commercial law pupillage at a specialist commercial set in London. Before pupillage, Ben worked for a national firm of solicitors where he attended over 500 civil and commercial law hearings in the County Court.
Prior to being called to the Bar, Ben has held academic positions at various universities researching in public and administrative law. His research has contributed to the first report by the European Parliament on mutual legal assistance.
Ben is building a practice in a range of civil areas including Personal Injury, Commercial and Chancery, Professional Negligence and Property Law.
Specialist Practice Areas
Ben has experience of cases involving road traffic accidents, employer’s liability and public liability. He accepts instructions to appear in both interim and final hearings and can be instructed to draft pleadings, advices and schedules of losses.
Commercial and Chancery
Ben has experience in drafting and advising at all stages of litigation including pre-action and enforcement. Ben’s experience includes the following:
- Contract claims
- Consumer credit
- Personal and Corporate Insolvency
- Disputes involving trusts
- Disputes arising out of loans and financial instruments
- Professional Negligence:
Ben has experience in advising in cases involving professional negligence including clinical negligence and negligent provision of education.
Having appeared in hundreds of property related hearings, including those concerning technical defences, Ben is able to assist in a variety of areas concerning land. Ben has experience in drafting pleadings and advices in property related claims involving significant technical detail.
Ben can therefore assist with the following:
- Mortgage disputes including technical defences
- Residential Landlord and Tenant
- Claims for disrepair
- Leasehold and service charge litigation
- Boundary disputes (including matters where allegations of harassment or nuisance are raised)
- Applications under the Party Walls etc. Act 1996
- Applications under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992
- Applications for orders for sale
- Equitable remedies
Owing to Ben’s long standing academic interest in public and administrative law, Ben is able to assist in claims involving public bodies.
- University of Law – Bar Professional Training Course
- The University of Birmingham – LLM in International Law
- University of East Anglia – LLB in Law
Awards and Prizes
- Platinum Award (University of Law)
- Petit Bursary (The University of Birmingham)
- Sir Christopher Benson Scholarship (Middle Temple)
- University of East Anglia Law School Award for Exceptional Achievement
- UK Environmental Law Association National Mooting Competition: First Place
- UEA Senior Mooting Competition: First Place
- UEA Negotiation Competition: First Place
Hobbies and other interests
When Ben is not trying to play golf (badly), he follows the changing fortunes of his beloved Fulham FC.