Members of Chambers
'Thorough, approachable and focused on achieving the right result for clients.' 'She provides robust, sensible advice and has great attention to detail.' Chambers and Partners 2019 - band 3
"Liz is very clever and has a sympathetic persona which makes her very approachable." "She is extremely capable and knowledgeable in all areas of her practice and well respected by other members of counsel and solicitors." Chambers and Partners 2018 - band 3
'Very on the ball, forthright in court even with difficult parties on the other side. She comes across as experienced beyond her call." "Elizabeth is thorough and a very strong advocate." Chambers and Partners 2017 - Up and coming
Elizabeth is an experienced practitioner whose practice has an emphasis on Financial Remedy proceedings including matrimonial finance, disputes between cohabitants pursuant to TOLATA 1996 and financial relief under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
She regularly advises and represents clients in matters involving assets of all value, including high individual worth and high net worth cases.
Elizabeth is frequently instructed on complex cases involving companies, inheritance, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
Elizabeth's forensic approach to cases is reflected in her strong advocacy and written work. Her comprehensive skeleton arguments, written documents and oral submissions have been noted to have been of great assistance in the High Court in N v B v Ors  EWHC 820 (Fam)
She is known for building a good working relationship with clients and for consistently and robustly promoting her client's case throughout proceedings and at contested hearings. She provides straight-talking clear advice.
Alongside her extensive financial practice, Elizabeth has particular expertise in Children Act matters. She advises and appears in all courts including the High Court. This gives clients the benefit of having Elizabeth represent them throughout all proceedings relating to their relationship breakdown. She represents parents and children in difficult and complex proceedings involving fact findings relating to serious physical, emotional and sexual abuse, domestic violence, non accidental injury, severe head injuries in children and in cases where one parent killed another.
Elizabeth has appeared in cases involving the following:
- Individuals with high profiles and / or net work
- Foreign or complex assets
- Trusts and intervenors
- Non-disclosure of assets
- Pre-post nuptial agreements
- Disputes between cohabitants under TOLATA 1996
- Schedule 1 proceedings under the Children Act 1989
- Interim applications, including maintenance pending suit applications
- Enforcement proceedings, including attachment of earnings, charging orders, third party debt orders and reciprocal enforcement of maintenance and charging
- Freezing injunctions under s 37 of the Matrimonial Causes Act
Private law children
- Applications for residence and / or contact, including disputes involving grandparents and other associated third parties
- Leave to remove and international relocation cases
- Disputes over education and change of name
- Jurisdictional disputes and abduction matters
- MA (Hons) EdinburghUniversity, 2004
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Professional Education (2005)
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP Professional Education (2006) (Very Competent)
Scholarships & Awards:
- David Karmel Scholarship, GraysInn
- FLBA (Family Law Bar Association)
Hobbies and other interests:
Outside Chambers life, Elizabeth enjoys walking her two dogs, scuba diving, swimming, tennis and travelling when she gets the chance.