Members of Chambers
Fiona regularly represents clients in both public law children cases and private law children cases. Fiona has a particular interest in Children Act cases with an Immigration element. Her practice also includes financial remedies.
Fiona also has extensive experience in the field of Immigration and Asylum Law. Her practice includes representation before the First Tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal, Immigration and Asylum Chamber as well as Court of Appeal work. Fiona has particular expertise in drafting judicial review grounds and represents in judicial review hearings. She was appointed as a fee paid Immigration Judge in the Immigration and Asylum Chamber in 2006.
Fiona is involved in the immigration accreditation exams with Central Law Training and also provides CILEX tutoring for Law Training Centre (Kent).
Fiona is able to accept work under Direct Public Access (DPA) and has represented direct access clients in both family law and immigration law.
Specialist Practice Areas
- Financial Remedy
- Care and Adoption (for parents and guardians)
- Private Law Children work
Other areas include
- Asylum and Immigration
- Personal Injury
R (FH; K; A; V; SW; HH; AM; SI & ZW) v SSHD  EWHC 1571 (Admin)
- BA (Hons.) Sociology, University of Sussex, 1992
- CPE Postgraduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, London 1998
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association of Lawyers for Children (ALC)
- Human Rights Lawyers' Association
- British Institute of Human Rights
Hobbies and other interests
Outside Chambers life, Fiona is kept busy by her two young children but also enjoys reading and walks by the sea.