Members of Chambers
George Pulman QC
George Pulman QC specialises in all areas of insurance law and has expert knowledge of the complex issues involved. He has also argued at the highest level on all issues relating to family law and mental health.
In addition to his extensive knowledge of these subject areas, George also has particular experience in cases concerning:
- Costs sharing orders (multi-party actions)
- Costs limiting orders (CPR)
- Firemen and fires
- Horticultural machinery (e.g. mowers, cultivators etc.)
- Part 36 offers (claimant/defendant)
- Railway accidents
- TV and film
- Tyres (e.g. blow outs) and seat belts.
George was formerly junior counsel to the Crown (common law), defending judicial review and damages claims for the Crown. Another area of interest for George is the ecclesiastical Canon Law of the Church of England.
George also lecturers for the following bodies:
- Judicial Studies Board
- University of Kent – French Judges Seminar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (USA)
George has established himself as an extremely capable legal advisor and has been involved with the following organisations:
- Hong Kong Government Legal Aid Study Group (legal advisor)
- Legal Aid Green Paper (member of consultative group)
- PIBA (in their review of Froom v Butcher)
Personal Injury Law:
- Goodes - have we got it wrong?
- Damages for Congenial Employment - Should they rise?
- Heil v Rankin
- MA (Cantab)
- Board Member, Legal Aid Board
- Member: ACLEC (Lord Chancellor’s Advisory
- Recorder (Civil, Family, Crime)
- Chairman – Mental Health Review Tribunals (Restricted Cases)
- Legal Assessor: General Medical Council
- Fellow of The Royal Society of Medicine
- Personal Injury Bar Association