Members of Chambers
Gerardine practises exclusively in the field of family law relating to children and in proceedings under the Family Law Act. She has extensive experience in both public and private law proceedings, with a particular interest in public law children cases, in which she often represents vulnerable adults with learning difficulties. Her practice includes adoption, special guardianship and related proceedings. She is regularly instructed to act for parents, grandparents and children (by their Children's Guardian). She also acts for local authorities and parties under a disability, instructed by the Official Solicitor.
Specialist Practice Areas
- Care and Adoption (for parents and guardians)
- Special Guardianship
- Private Law Children Act Proceedings
- RE: F (A Child) (Placement Order)  2 FLR 550 (CA)
- Re: M (contact: violent parent)  2 FLR 321 (FD)
- University of Kent, Canterbury: BA (Hons)
- PCL: Dip Law
- FLBA (Family Law Bar Association)
- Kent and Sussex FLBA
Hobbies and other interests
Travel, music and the theatre.