Members of Chambers
Chambers UK, 2018 rank Lydia as 'Up and coming'
Chambers UK, 2017 rank Lydia as 'Up and coming'
Junior with noteworthy experience in public and private law children matters. She has been instructed in complex issues involving non-accidental injury and abuse, and is adept at handling vulnerable clients and complicated factual and legal evidence.
"She has a lovely manner with clients. She is very sympathetic and knowledgeable, tells them what their case is and flags and problems up straight away." "Very bright and a real fighter."
Lydia specialises in all aspects of child law, including public and private law proceedings. Due to Lydia’s past experience in criminal Law she has a keen interest in cases that require fact finding hearings as well as representing vulnerable individuals.
Prior to practising, Lydia was a Legal Advisor to the Magistrates, based in Kent. As part of her duties, Lydia undertook courts and advised the Magistrates on various areas of law. As a result of this experience, Lydia has strong links with all of the local courts.
Lydia is able to accept work under the Direct Public Access Scheme (DPA).
Specialist Practice Areas
- Public Law
- Private Law Children work
- KCC v Ors (2) (Fact Finding)  EWFC 93
- Court of Appeal Re: C (A Child) Procedural Requirements of a Part 25 Application  EWCA Civ 539
- N v B v Ors  EWHC 820 (Fam) Application by the maternal grandmother for adoption orders in respect of two children following the murder of the mother by the father.
- LL.B Law, University of Kent at Canterbury, 2005
- LL.M. Criminal Litigation, Inns of Court School of Law, 2007
Scholarships & Awards
- Benefactors Scholarship, The Honourable Society of Middle Temple, 2006-2007
- National Police Scholarship 2007 and 2009
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association of Lawyers for Children (ALC)
- Kent Bar Mess
- Conditional Cautions: Are they open to challenge under ECHR? (The Barrister Magazine, Issue 29)
Hobbies and other interests
Outside Chambers, Lydia enjoys spending time with her family, going to the theatre and travelling abroad when time allows.