Members of Chambers
Polly Thompson started as a general common law practitioner in London but has specialised in family law for over twenty years.
She is regularly instructed in Financial Remedy proceedings dealing with complex and high value disputes.
In Public Law Care Proceedings, Polly acts for parents, Guardians and other family members dealing with vulnerable clients and cases involving alleged non-accidental injury and sexual abuse.
Polly is able to accept work under Direct Public Access (DPA) on cases that are suitable.
Specialist Practice Areas
- Financial Remedy
- Contested divorce petitions
- Public Law Care and Adoption (for guardians and parents)
- Wardship (including child abduction)
- Re G & B (Disclosure: Protocol)  EWHC 2630 (Fam);  1 FLR 1089
- Re M (Residence)  EWCA Civ 1052;  2 FLR 1059
- BA (Hons.) English, Queen Mary College, London University, 1984
- Dip.Law, Polytechnic of Central London, 1989
Scholarships & Awards
6 month stage in Brussels 1992 as a Middle Temple Scholar.
- FLBA (Family Law Bar Association)
- Association of Lawyers for Children (ALC)
- South Eastern Circuit
Hobbies and other interests
Walking my dog, yoga, theatre and cinema.