Members of Chambers
Polly Thompson started as a general common law practitioner in London but has specialised in family law for over fifteen years.
Polly is able to accept work under Direct Public Access (DPA) on cases that are suitable.
Specialist Practice Areas
- Financial Remedy
- Inheritance Act claims
- Contested divorce petitions
- Care and Adoption (for guardians and parents)
- Wardship (including child abduction)
- Cohabitation Disputes
- Civil Partnership
- Building disputes
- Professional negligence
- Professional Disciplinary Tribunal
- Re G & B (Disclosure: Protocol)  EWHC 2630 (Fam);  1 FLR 1089
- Re M (Residence)  EWCA Civ 1052;  2 FLR 1059
- BA (Hons.) English, Queen Mary College, London University, 1984
- Dip.Law, Polytechnic of Central London, 1989
Scholarships & Awards
6 month stage in Brussels 1992 as a Middle Temple Scholar.
- FLBA (Family Law Bar Association)
- Association of Lawyers for Children (ALC)
- South Eastern Circuit
Hobbies and other interests
Walking my dog, yoga, theatre and cinema.